Department: Mail Department
Reports to: Director of Mail Operations
Fort Orange Press seeks a reliable and dedicated Inserter Operator Assistant/Trainee who takes pride in their work. Training will be provided to have the candidate become an Inserter Operator. The Inserter Operator Assistant/Trainee works with the Lead Inserter Operator to keep the Inserters running smoothly. Moves work-in-process and finished goods, packages finished goods as required, labels, loads, and assists the Lead Operator during operations. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are necessary. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a dependable, self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow.
- Machine operation experience preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing or a recent graduate with an interest and aptitude for hands-on machine operations.
- Exceptional computer knowledge and understanding.
- The desire for a long-term position with a set growth path.
- A hard worker who is eager to jump in and help where they are needed.
- Understand the importance of standard operating procedures and consistently producing high-quality, error-free work.
- Ability to ask questions when needed to get clarification.
- Ability to work long hours on short notice and the desire for OT when required.
- Someone can stand on concrete for up to 12+ hours daily with minimal breaks.
- High school education and/or training and experience in the field.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of postal sortation, traying, sacking, and palletizing mail is a huge plus.
- Understanding of class and category of mail is also a plus.
- Able to lift 40-60 lbs regularly.
- Feed all machines and feeders with the printed product.
- Remove the printed product from the machinery and package material according to job requirements.
- Sort and package mail according to USPS requirements.
- Identify, retrieve and stage material for Mail Department production.
- Palletize, identify, and position Mail Department finished goods for future operations.
- Firm understanding of all machine safety and company guidelines.
- Proper sorting of finished packages based on the mailing requirements.
- Replacement of cardboard gaylords, trash, and shredding containers.
- Cleanliness of work area.
- Help out in bindery when time permits.
- Other duties as assigned.