Department: Mail Department
Reports to: Director of Mail Operations
Fort Orange Press is looking for a reliable and dedicated Inserter Operator who takes pride in their work. The Inserter Operator works with the Lead Inserter Operator to keep the Inserters running smoothly. Moves work-in-process and finished goods, packages finished goods as required, labels, loads, and generally assists the Lead Operator as required during the run. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are a must. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow.
- Machine operation experience preferred.
- High school education and/or training and experience in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of postal sortation, traying, sacking, and palletizing mail.
- Capable of setting up and troubleshooting W+D inserter, inline feeder, and mail strapper.
- Capable of demonstrating an understanding of class and category of mail.
- Able to lift 40-60 lbs regularly
- Feed all machines and feeders with the printed product.
- Remove the printed product from machinery and package material according to job requirements.
- Sort and package mail according to USPS requirements.
- Identify, retrieve and stage material for Mail Department production.
- Palletize, identify, and position Mail Department finished goods for future operations.
- Firm understanding of all machine safety and company guidelines.
- Proper sorting of finished packages based on the mailing requirements.
- Replacement of cardboard gaylords, trash, and shredding containers
- Cleanliness of work area.
- Help out in bindery when time permits.
- Other duties as assigned.