Reports to: Bindery Supervisor
Fort Orange Press is seeking a reliable, self-motivated, mechanically inclined Folder Operator who takes pride in their work. The Folder Operator will set up, operate, and maintain a folder machine that automatically folds, slits, perforates, and/or scores printed sheets in preparation for binding or shipment. The candidate should have prior Folder Operator experience or training. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are a must. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow with a company.
- Must have 2+ years folder operator experience.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot equipment.
- High school education and/or training and experience in the field.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to lift 40-60 lbs regularly.
- Review job specifications to determine page sequence, type of fold, page size, and packing requirements.
- Pre-set side guide, fold plates, fold rollers, and any slitting blades or perforators required.
- Load sheets onto feeder and jog sheets into proper positions to determine final settings of units in item #2 for completion of the job.
- Adjust machine during production run as required for, adherence to all quality and customer requirements.
- May jog folded signatures or brochures for use in the next operation or for shipment to the customer.
- Record count.
- May operate two or more machines simultaneously.
- Record job information in the system.
- Other duties may be assigned.