Department: Offset Press
Reports To: Offset Supervisor
Fort Orange Press is seeking a reliable, self-motivated, mechanically inclined, and experienced Offset Press Operator who takes pride in their work. The Offset Press Operator helps the Offset Press Lead Operator with the setup and running of the equipment they are assigned. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are a must. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow with a company.
- 2+ years experience as an Offset Press Operator or Assistant.
- Be mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot.
- Well organized and have great attention to detail.
- Able to follow directions and procedures easily.
- Able to lift 40-60 lbs regularly.
- Review and interpret information from the job ticket.
- Pull supplies (paper and ink) for each job.
- Confirm all supplies and materials match the job ticket.
- Alert management when materials are not available or do not meet requirements.
- Check ink, water, and blanket/press wash levels on press and fill/replenish as required.
- Pull finished goods from the machine (deliver to Bindery or Shipping).
- Return unused finished goods to the warehouse.
- Achieve competency and meet standards in regards to the processing time as established by the company.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area in order to efficiently produce materials
- Perform the physical tasks for the department including, but not limited to: handling materials to/from the production, maintaining inventory items, and communicating needs and schedules with production employees.
- Ensure housekeeping and safety rules are observed in the department
- Assist in various departments as needed in order to meet daily business needs.