Reports to: PrePress Supervisor
Fort Orange Press is seeking a talented, experienced, highly-motivated, Graphic Designer who takes pride in their work. The Graphic Designer responds to clients’’ needs by providing creative and smart graphic design elements to enhance print communication materials. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are a must. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow with a well-established company.
- 2+ years experience in graphic arts, including operating computer graphics equipment. Experience with a minimum of the following software: Quark Xpress, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Ability to operate computer workstation for graphic arts applications. Artistic talent.
- Strong customer service, teamwork and communications skills.
- Ability to visualize finished pages and translate furnished material into effective content.
- Self-motivation and strong initiative to learn continually.
- Knowledge of punctuation, spelling, and different styles and sizes of type.
- Graphic arts training above high school.
- Operate a Macintosh and/or PC workstation equipped with popular graphic arts software to prepare electronic artwork.
- Use creative talent to visually enhance and improve print communication materials.
- Review and interpret customer needs and instructions, ask questions to ensure understanding, and offer creative suggestions when appropriate.
- Respond to the print production staff to ensure the original electronic file will flow smoothly into the rest of the production process.
- Create designs appropriate to individual budgets by considering the subsequent cost to produce design elements.
- Work directly with customers and customer service staff in assessing and solving problems or question areas.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Responsible for continual learning and self-improvement. Need to keep up with the latest technology and design trends.
- Follow written and oral instructions accurately.
- Keep work area clean and neat.
- Perform other duties as assigned.