Department: Digital Department
Reports to: Digital Print Supervisor
Fort Orange Press is looking for a reliable and dedicated Digital Press Operator who takes pride in their work. The Digital Press Operator works with the Lead Digital Press Operator to operate and maintain the digital web and cut-sheet presses meeting the demands of the daily schedules. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are a must. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow.
- A solid understanding of printing including familiarity with layout, trim, bleed and file handling.
- A solid understanding of digital press operations and binding requirements related to page layouts.
- Working knowledge of Canon Prisma software.
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Basic understanding of paper finishes and weights.
- Able to work when required as required by business need.
- Able to work and interact with other people on a routine basis.
- High School or equivalent degree or one to two years recent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; able to write routine reports and correspondence; able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Understand the Quality System and this position’s requirements within the system. ● Create digitally produced printing both toner & inkjet.
- Create and modify templates for digital presses.
- Make digital two-sided proofs of printed sheets/signatures.
- Follow general company and department regulations and procedures. ● Demonstrate reliability through attendance and punctuality.
- Follows all company and department safety regulations and procedures. ● Keep work area clean, organized and free of hazards.
- Report any unsafe or hazardous conditions.
- Interact with other departments and employees on a routine basis.
- Serve as a resource to others in the department and company in the resolution of complex problems, issues and improved methodologies.
- Other duties may be assigned. All duties and tasks are designed to meet customer expectations and established company quality and performance standards.