Fort Orange Press seeks a reliable, self-motivated, and experienced Assistant Production Manager. The Assistant Production Manager assists the Production Manager in planning, managing, and executing production operations of large printing and mailing facilities. Attention to detail and the ability to multitask in our fast-paced production facility are essential. This is a GREAT opportunity if you are a self-starter with initiative and are eager to learn and grow with a company.
- 3 years of prior production management experience is required.
- Excellent computer skills with specific experience in EFI Pace preferred.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time in an efficient, well-organized, and timely manner is important in this position.
- Familiarity with managing/updating design files and working in Adobe Suite.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are crucial for negotiating contracts, interviewing new vendors, educating employees, and developing new processes and procedures.
- Problem-solving skills to develop ways to improve overall efficiency and overcome issues and problems as they arise.
- Coordinate and plan production priorities, workflows, and schedules.
- Oversee procurement of all needed materials, including soliciting new vendors as needed and managing relationships with existing vendors.
- Convert all job estimates into production job tickets and follow job tickets through the production process to ensure any updates or changes are tracked.
- Identify and report operational and maintenance problems to prevent production delays.
- Ensure that all equipment, materials, and supplies are readily and continuously available to carry out production processes.
- Communicate well with sales, customer service, and production team members to keep everyone informed of project status.
- Address employee concerns and complaints in a professional manner.
- Optimize production operations to meet quality and performance standards.
- Assist in documenting all work instructions and procedures.
- Ensure safety measures are procedures are followed to reduce unexpected incidents and hazards.
- Ensure the production process is carried out following company policies and procedures.